Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

火曜日, 1月 1

Nonplussed





















Nonplussed. That's the one word
that really sums me up these days,
so that's the name for now. It will
change when I change and continue
to change as I do or until I find the
perfect name... or something.

Above is a pic from Tramonto... this
is one of the working versions I have...
I've since dropped the background
and I think it looks better, but the
page isn't done yet (due to my being
nonplussed) and this version stands
alone better. Speaking of Tramono:

I'm a fan of David Mazzucchelli. I like
his work a great deal, but I've never
come across a copy of City of Glass.
While looking for it online I discovered
that Tramonto is almost a complete
copy of City of Glass... in every way.
Again, I've never even looked at a copy
of City of Glass, but apparently I'm
doing the exact same book. So, now
I'm at a loss as to what to say, think,
or do (nonplussed much?). As such
I've paused work on Tramonto for the
time being while I reassess the situation.
Sorry for another delay in making a
fucking comic already. I've got a fun
short that I should be done with soon
so I'll post that up when it's ready.

Also? I'm not doing any resolutions
this year. I didn't manage but one
of my art resolutions from last year,
so what's the fucking point? There
really isn't one beyond the imminent
disappointment anyway... and thank
you, but I'm going to pass this year.

So that's the current status quo...

Happy New Year!

4 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

So first things first.

Happy New Year Sail!

Second. Great title for the blog.

Now, sorry to hear about the similarities between "Tramonto" and "City of Glass". I'm sure you'll be able to make it work out. You'll get there.

And fuck resolutons. :)

5:55 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

We'll see... I've got to get the book I guess and figure it out... or just do my thing and not worry about it? Assuming that it'll be different enough... I dunno, I'm so very nonplussed right now.

8:52 午後  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

Fuck it. I'd say just do your thing. You seem to have been working on it for a long time. Check it out if you feel it's necessary, but it would be a HELL of a coincidence if you ended up with the same story.

Oh, and btw, great picture. I love the koi in it.

9:13 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

Probably not the same story, but close enough as far as I can tell without having the book. It's pretty cheap on Amazon... so I'll probably get it. Beyond that, I don't really know what to say, think or do.

9:54 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home