Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

火曜日, 9月 11

A rose by another...











EDIT: The white space on the
right is not colored yet, but
will be.... this is incomplete.

This is the panel that follows
the one I posted before. I've
completely redrawn the page
and it looks much better now.
Alterations have been made
to the story, and the panel that
came before. I'll post it when
it's done, but I'm stalling on
drawing the rose... as it didn't
read as well as it should on the
last attempt.

This is a color and texture test
for the dress and the tears. I
think the tears stand out better
now, but I don't like that color.
I still don't know about the color.
The dress feels a bit too pink.
I do know that this is all taking
me far to fucking long and I'm
not sure I have any right entering
a contest that has such intense
deadlines. But come hell or high
water I'm going to finish this story
and throw it up there. At most
someone important might see it and
think I'm good. At least, this has
been an eye opening experience.

4 Comments:

Blogger jscott said...

Fuck yeah. That is nice. The only thing that I would have done differently is use that pinkish color in the white area at the right side. It would feel more balanced for me....but that's a personal preference really.

This would make such an awesome poster...like a really big fucking poster.

5:40 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

Oh, the white space on the right will be colored, I jsut haven't done it yet... and I'm not sure how I'm going to do it.

This was just a test for the dress pattern and colors against the tears, as neither worked out like I wanted on the previous version.

5:51 午後  
Blogger jscott said...

Wow, this is just a test? It definitely looks finished piece quality to me.

8:44 午前  
Blogger Sail said...

The line art is finihsed, just not the colors.

1:49 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home