Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

木曜日, 9月 6

Comic Book Idol

Jonathan Hickman is encouraging
me to enter the Comic Book Idol
contest that's going on over at
www.comicbookresources.com

So, I'm going to try to get some
shit done for that so I can fall
on my face in the public eye.

I'll let you know (as well as post
them here) when my samples are
up. I'll expect you all to vote for
me... assuming I make the finals
and actually manage to meet the
deadlines each week. Shudder.

(some art later)

3 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

Man that's awesome. I'll be voting for you. I think you'll do awesome.

And remember, it's all about posture, poise, and grace. Make sure to make eye contact with the judges, and don't get nervous when they have the swimsuit competition. Just smile, wave, and be all the Sail you can be. ;)

5:09 午前  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

And to get acknowledgement from Jonathan Hickman? Man, do a print screen of that and frame it.

5:11 午前  
Blogger Sail said...

Yeah, it's pretty cool that he thinks I'm good enough. Jonathan is a real nice guy and looking for people working outside of mainstream art, which so far, there really hasn't been any of in the submissions. Still, I don't really know how I'll do with the intense deadlines and random scripts.

I don't expect much, but it's good exposure, good practice and you never know who's watching.

2:59 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home