Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

木曜日, 8月 30

Sequential scribbles...





















Just mucking about with
sequentials. Trying to get
used to drawing the same
character over and over and
over and over. Not really
concerned with the quality
of the drawings here as
much as the identifiability
of the basic character design

Also, talking heads are a bit
boring, but simple enough,
so I thought I'd start there.

Though, to be honest, I'm
less and less interested in
traditional pages like this
with each passing day. I
want to play with the page
and see what it can really do.
Push it places most people
aren't. Fuck the beats. Let's
get ambient... tonal... and
experimental, like people
were, say, fucking, thirty years
ago. Which seems almost all
but forgotten these days in
favor of 4 or 5 wide panels
per page. BORING!

But I should probably put my
pages where my mouth is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

I love the black with the underlying red.

As far as experimenting, I say go for it, I'd love to see what you come up with.

6:36 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

Heh, me too... hopefully it's good comics and not just cool art with panels on it.

1:52 午前  

コメントを投稿

<< Home