Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

木曜日, 7月 26

mock up

















I'm going to get a sheet of hand
made paper tha has flower petals
pressed into it, and attatch that
onto the piece of 22x28 inch board
I have, and I guess I'll have to cut it
out around the drawing of the girl.

I hope it comes off as a girl dancing
in a windy swirl of flower petals. If
not, I hope it's at the very least, just
pretty to look at. The whole cutting
thing should be rather complicated
around the wind blown hair. I wish
I could draw it on the flower paper,
buut I don't think that'll work well.

Like I said, this should be 'interesting'.
I still need to finish the fan girl pages,
and pack the rest of my stuff too. Fun.

ラベル:

4 Comments:

Blogger EntropicDesign said...

very graceful sail, im sure it will turn out great

9:38 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

Thanks, Jim, I sure hope so. I don't really have much time to do it, that's my biggest concern.

9:49 午後  
Blogger Ester Wilson said...

have you thought about printing the girl onto that paper? Might take a printer to get that big, but you could also cut the girl out and attach her to your pedtalpaper. if you can cut carefully, you can use liquitex matte medium to fix her down to it and then it dries pretty inconspicuous. I did that same thing here for a project, it's a paper drawing, created by india ink and light grey pencil, then pasted down to a canvas that I had painted with acrylics. I painted the shadow after pasting her down so that the whole image would be cohesive. This process might help you too.

7:07 午前  
Blogger Sail said...

Trying to avoid any printing (cost mainly) so... I dunno. I think I can cut the petal paper and it should be fine. I might have to tame her hair a bit, and maybe draw some of the hair lines on the petal paper with a brush. I dunno, I have to get the petal paper and see what it can take.

3:25 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home