Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

木曜日, 6月 21

Sketches
















Sketching some poses for a
new piece I'm going to start
today... now that I've got that
figured out, I can enlarge it,
begin fleshing out the final
drawing, and then it's on to
the painting.

I know, not a very exciting
update, but it's all I've got
and I thought it would be
kinda fun to see the process
of deciding on what pose
I'm going to use. This is
the fucking ground floor.
It doesn't get any more
basic than this... welcome
to the inside of my head.

6 Comments:

Blogger EntropicDesign said...

middle left is my fav

5:30 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

Good, it's the one I'm using.

5:34 午後  
Blogger Ester Wilson said...

that totally reminded me of "The Blood of Fish" preliminary drawing by Klimt:

here

6:51 午後  
Blogger EntropicDesign said...

oh awesome
beautiful pose, did you have a model or are you just that familiar with the anatomy?

6:52 午後  
Blogger EntropicDesign said...

pretty much the same ester, weird

6:52 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

Ester, yeah, weird, I didn't even think of that. And I love Klimt. huh.

Jim, I used some general reference for it, but mainly for the 3/4 angle perspective. Other than that I was just scribbling. I grew up with drawing. My father was an artist, and I've always drawn, so you kinda get a feel for it at a point. I still use reference ffor most of my final images, though. It helps with shading and minor details.

7:31 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home