Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

木曜日, 6月 28

Music






















This is the only one of the Headphone
girls I got far on... but, once I had the
line art, I couldn't figure out what to
do with the background... and anything
I tried, just didn't work. Anyway, I'm
sure you'll notice I added a music player
to the blog. Last.fm was the easiest
option I found, but after I signed up,
I realised that the selection was total
garbage... are we still afraid to put more
than a 30 second clip on the internet?

I've NEVER purchased an album based
on 30 second clips, but a few select mp3's
have convinced me to buy more than a
few records... they're all available for free
anyway, what's the big fucking deal?

I wanted to put more ambient/electronic
music up here, but all I could find complete
songs of was old indie rock stuff (and
Lali Puna). While I still like all of the bands I
posted, it just wasn't what I was going
for. Oh well, I'm still looking for other
options, but this'll do for now. Enjoy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

this image is great. I love that the blacks aren't solid.

This music player is kinda cool. I've seen this last.fm thing on facebook(thats right....i have a facebook page...ugh) but I didn't like it because you didn't get the whole song. I found one called Boombox which did have entire songs though...it would be nice if that was available for this place. Players like this are good because you can turn them on/off instead of bombarding people that stop by with your music as soon as they get there.

8:08 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

I definitly wanted the blacks to have some texture to them... now if only I could figure out a background.

About the player, I'll only upload full songs. Some artists have entire songs, and some don't. So, at the moment, it's really what I could find of full tracks, and not exactly what I would put up if I could upload whatever I wanted. But I put some new ambient electronic stuff on it today, so that's more in line with what I wanted.

And I didn't set it to autoplay because I FUCKING HATE that.

8:17 午後  
Blogger Ester Wilson said...

cool piece Sail! Love the stripes

10:00 午前  

コメントを投稿

<< Home