Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

火曜日, 6月 5

Art Walk 3.0










So, this is a really poor quality screen grab of all the files.
Due to the length of the image I had to make em pretty
small to get them all on the screen... click for larger.

I'd have liked more time to do this, but the idea came to
me in the 11th hour and I just cranked it out... so, it's not
as perfect as I'd have liked but, the printer turnaround isn't
exactly fast for 24x20 prints so I just didn't have the time I'd
have liked. It's an experiment though, and those are never
perfect. Que Sera, Sera.

It's going to be about 7' 5" or so across the wall... awesome!

7 Comments:

Blogger EntropicDesign said...

absolutely fantastic, i love birds, and i love how you incorporated them here.
kudos

5:50 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

Thanks, Jim! I'm glad you like it. I love birds too. I think they're a great image to work with. So many possibilities.

5:59 午後  
Blogger jscott said...

Fucking cool. Love the way the hair and the wing work. Will you have pics of the actual piece on the wall?

6:37 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

Thanks, Jeremy!

Yeah, I'll be sure to get some pics of it up on the wall. Since, this doesn't really do justice to what I imagine it'll look like on the wall.

This was more about seeing it in person at it's proper scale than an image that works on the web, so pics are a must.

6:40 午後  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

That's an awesome idea, and a great picture. You should definately do more of these. Hope the art walk went well for you.

4:56 午前  
Blogger Sail said...

Thanks, Robb. It was pretty fun... kinda slwo, but still fun.

I will probably do more stuff like this in the future. August is the big show, so I've got to do something big for that... we'll see.

5:47 午後  
Blogger Jared Miller said...

Yea, I said this at the conclave, but this is a really great piece. Best of luck at the show. Amazing work, Sail.

9:11 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home