Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

日曜日, 3月 4

Stuff...





















This one is right out of one of
my sketch books I rarely use.

Art walk was really slow and
as a result I ended up getting
really drunk... like, really drunk.

The last few days have been spent
working on thumbnails for a short
story I want to do, and concept sketches
for a really giant piece I'm going to do
over the next few months... more on
both of these projects as they develop.

I'm still waiting for comixpress to open
their doors again so I can get both of
the books underway and have them out
by, I hope June at the latest.

I've been getting traffic from places as
far reaching as Kefar Menahem, and
Or Yehuda, Israel. Bejing, China. Brno,
Czech Republic. Moscow, Russia.
Toranagallu, India as well as all over
Japan, South America, Scandanavia,
and western Europe. Crazy.

Who are you people, and how did you
get here of all places? Say hello!

4 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

Hi. :)

Don't burn yourself out my good man. Go easy when you can.

The sketch looks great, by the way.

5:08 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

As far reaching as Whitman, Massachusetts! ;)

Yeah, the art walk just burned me out this time. Not enough days to get everything ready, and then the day of was just a fucking nightmare. On top of that it was so slow, it almost wasn't worth it. Though, I did sell a print and meet some nice people... so I guess it was worth it.

I'm probably not going to show next month. I want to work on new stuff, without a deadline.

6:31 午後  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its nice not to have to worry about deadlines. Take a bit of time and you'll have a bunch of stuff for another artwalk to come.

On the topic of ComiXpress...I'm getting a little frustrated with them. All the problems they had happened while my files were in the mail so I dont know where I stand right now. I've sent an e-mail to at least get confirmation that the files were received but they haven't responded.

1:43 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

Yeah, but I've got a few things I want to do, that are toally deadline oriented. One has the potential to pay a good amount of money. Plus it's relatively easy. The others aren't so deadliney... it's about the quality of work. I don't wanna rush shit for it to turn out shity.

That sucks about comixpress... they seemed like a good little company. I hope that all gets worked out soon. I'd still like to do my book(s) through them.

1:58 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home