Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

土曜日, 3月 31

Just say don't leave...





















A warm up page.

This is why I do warm ups. You
can see that the first three panels
aren't great, but by the last two
drawings I'm hitting my stride.

Also, this was drawn on a weird
brown paper bag esque paper
I have, but it's got a cool texture,
so I thought I'd try it out. And
using some brand new chisel
pens I picked up today, so the
ink flow was kind of strong.

I also got a new landscape format
watercolor moleskin. Exciting.

Other than that I've been in inking
hell working on Terminal. Not always
happy with every page, so doing them
over and over and over until they're right.

Boring.

4 Comments:

Blogger EntropicDesign said...

i wouldn't ignore her that's for damn sure. you draw some sexy women bro, lol.

you should draw a big hand slappin that fool around :-p

im sure you know, and it might be intentional, but the guy sleeping feels a bit flat, or 'jagged' if you will. you might achieve more by rotating his head upwards and opening his mouth slightly as if he was drooling, lol. that might be a bit much though

12:04 午前  
Blogger Sail said...

It's just a warm up. There wasn't much effort put into the drawing of the guy on the couch and I don't care either way... only a warm up.

But it did look better in pencil.

Also, he's not sleeping... nor is he so much choosing to ignore her.

The main point was warming up with the ink, and a series of images that expressed different emotions via her facial expressions.

3:39 午前  
Blogger EntropicDesign said...

very awesome for a warm up. this looks like something that would be close to a final piece for me :)

10:11 午前  
Blogger Sail said...

well, the bottom two aren't so bad. It's the top three that qualify it as only a warm up.

12:42 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home