Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

土曜日, 2月 10

Prodrome

















I have a fascination with the
type of pictures vain girls
take of themselves with their
cell phones for myspace and
the like... something about how
inherently claustrophobic the
image is, and yet, is in it's very
nature, rather exhibitionistic.
It is a rather odd combination
with a duality I find endlessly
compelling...

also, I got a new Gmail account
and it fucking sucks! I get 8 spam
emails a day... in japanese. I almost
never get spam at fucking hotmail.

Go figure.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ester Wilson said...

that's a really great perspective and rendering. Love the addition of flowers in her shirt. Beautiful work!

8:39 午前  
Blogger Sail said...

Thanks, Ester.

Another thing about the cell phone pictures taken of ones self, is the crazy angles that people manage to come up with. It really makes me think of new angles and interesting ways to frame a person I'd have never thought of on my own.

Annd, the flower pattern is an idea I stole from you! :) Glad you like it.

12:57 午後  
Blogger Ester Wilson said...

lol - I'm not sure there is such thing as stealing in art. That's cool how integrated you got it to look. Is it a digital overlay, or a stencil effect with traditional medium? This really is a beautiful piece, especially that the black shadow areas are actually blue, making it a cool monochromatic image.

1:35 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

ok, and idea 'inspired' by you.

I've been meaning to post a 'stages' post for a while... so check back in a bit to see how this came together!

2:08 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home