Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

土曜日, 2月 17

pin-oops





















Sketching some ideas for my
contribution for the Wormwood
pin-up contest Ben Templesmith
is holding... bout damn time too.
I'm such a fucking slacker sometimes.

--------------------------------

Also, I thought I was sending
an email to this artist here,
but instead I commented on
their blog... I recieved an email
I can't translate into anything
that makes any sence to me.

However, they posted on their
blog about my comment...
the word 'annoyance' showed up in
my attempt to translate it... and it
seems they deleted it for a specific
reason. I really I hope I didn't offend
anyone. My most sincere apologies
if I did. I'll let you all know when I know.

As I'm forwarding the email and link
to a friend in Japan, who'll be able
to tell me if I pissed them off. And
explain what I was trying to do...
Sorry, I am a stupid american.

However, my blog got about 100
hits from Japan today! That's cool...
unless they all hate me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The wormwood pinup looks sweet...can't wait to see where it goes.

6:11 午後  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

Great pic. I love the contrast between pencil/ink in it, especially in the dragon. You submitted it, right?

I wouldn't worry to much about your comment on that blog (I tried looking at it, but I don't speak/ read/ understand a lick of Japanese, cool pictures though). If they found you annoying, their loss. Hopefully, they come around and realize the coolness that is the Sail.

Cheers.

7:40 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

No. That's just the sketch. I forgot to drop the size of the image, so it's really big when you click on it. But, I'm going to transfer/enlarge it, and draw/paint it better. As well as add some background texture and what not.

I'm not sure the snakes make sence, so I might change them a bit... I dunno... we'll see what happens.

2:25 午後  
Blogger Ester Wilson said...

your "pin-oops" title is funny ;)
I'm sure it's no big deal, and maybe they were just as excited that a "foreigner" came looking, and commenting, on their site as you were to get hits from JP. I like that artists' work too. been checking in on that blog for a long time myself. Never have commented to it tho

5:56 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

Thanks! I think I'm funny. : )

Yeah, I found that site through your blog. Never commented, didn't mean to either... I'll know when my friend gets back to me.

6:09 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home