Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

月曜日, 1月 1

Two Thousand & Seven





















Ball point pen, graphite &
a white ink pen on paper.

-------------------------------------

So, I've decided that I'm
upping the ante in 2007.

I just spend to much time
fucking around, and not
enough time actually doing
any work on real projects.

So...

First, there will be a 32 pg
full color, standard comic
in the next six months.

You can hold me to that.

Second, I've been looking at
James Jean and Kenichi Hoshine
a lot lately and those two guys
just put my sorry ass to shame.

It's time to earn the term 'artist'.

Third, come hell or high water,
I'm going to start using oils again.
I love oil paint, but at the moment
I just don't feel safe using them in
my 'studio'. My dad suffered severe
nerve damage from oil paints, so I've
always been rather apprehensive about
using them, unless I'm in a wind tunnel.

Fourth, get paid or published for
something art realated but not
necessarily comic related...

What are your new years art resolutions?

also, holy shit: GregLauren.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

great link! Great to hear about your goals.

9:00 午前  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

And make sure you go an' git yer $5000 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe DAMMIT!
(Where's the Conclave rolly-eyes emoticon when you need it?)

Those are some great goals. And a great picture as well. I hope 2007 works out for you as you hope. Are you still doing Tramonto?

7:41 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

Yeah, I finally got a spam comment, so the word verification is on now.

You'll see Tramonto in the comic I mentioned. At least 5 pages of it. I don't know if I really want to go further with it or not. It was mainly just that 5 page idea. We'll see.

The comic will be the same idea (short stories) as the square book, just not square.

the leaf drawing is actually just a small part of a B&W single page story, quickly colored... the page itself is really looking great... ball point pen, bitches!

8:44 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home