Per Asperam Ad Astra

contact r_sail
all images © 2008

土曜日, 1月 6

Preview





















Pens, Graphite, and Watercolor.


This is from one of the
stories I'm doing for the
comic book. It's rather
dirty art on sterile pages.
I'll post the finished page
when it's, well, finished...

As usual, webcolors have
washed out most of the
actual color here. As I like
my colors pretty desaturated.

EDIT: for clarity, there should
be more color than you are
seeing here... I work with
rather desaturated colors to
begin with and saving for the
web renders them virtually gray.

There are a few adjustments
I've made to it, that are not
in this version of the picture.

3 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

This is cool. I really like the desatured colors you use. There isn't enough appreciation of muted tones in general, I think. Must be an all-american disney thing.

6:21 午後  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

I like the shading you have on this one. You keep going at this pace, and you'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Kudos,
Robb

6:49 午後  
Blogger Sail said...

Thanks guys!

Ester, I think it is an American construct that color needs to be bright... you know, to catch the eye and what not. But, America has never been the forerunner of art...


Robb, thanks man! I've been working more on shading and depth recently... and I've been very pleased with the results so far...

Just wait till you see the full pages!

8:45 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home